About the Library
Friends of the Library
AVL (Alabama Virtual Library)
Learn A Test
Live Homework Help
Alabama Job Link
Internet access at the Rogersville Public Library (RPL) allows the library to provide information beyond the boundaries of the materials collection. All patrons have greater accessibility to ideas and information through the Internet. The RPL does not monitor and has no control over the information accessed through the Internet. The library cannot be held responsible for Internet content. The Internet may contain controversial, inaccurate or inappropriate material, but it is not the responsibility of The RPL staff to restrict access to information.
Library staff may assist patrons in getting started on the computers and may offer limited assistance in use of software. If a patron needs dedicated help an appointment can be made for a convenient time.
Patrons must produce a valid Library card, have no overdue material or outstanding fines on their record to use library computers. You may not use someone else’s number for the computer. A $2.00 charge is required for staff members to look up a card number. Visiting non-residents may use Library computers with permission of Staff members.
Patrons use the Internet at their own discretion. Parents and guardian of minor children are responsible for their children's use of the Internet. RPL does comply with the Child Internet Protection Act, However no software is completely reliable in filtering inappropriate material. Parents are encouraged to stay with their minor children while he or she is using the internet. Each user must take responsibility for his or her own activities while using the Internet as well as all use by his children. Children under 10 are urged to use computers located in the children's area. No adult may use children's computers. These computers have suggested educational websites bookmarked. Library staff members are not responsible for children left unattended.
Timed work sessions:
Children's computers 45 minutes
General computers 1 hour
Genealogy 2 hours
When you log in, a minute timer begins. You will be given a 5 minute warning when your time is almost up. If no one is waiting, general computer users will be given 15 more minutes. Your time is limited to 1 hour and 15 minutes per day. If leaving before the end of the allotted time, patrons should exit their current session. Library staff cannot add time to a patron's daily allotment for failure to exit. Time extensions are allowed at the discretion of the Library staff.
RPL reserves the right to limit use of Library computers. Unacceptable use includes but is not limited to:
Headphones are not provided by the Library for adult computers. Users must bring their own.
- changing the settings on computer or monitor
- destruction or damage to equipment,
- installation of any software not approved and purchased by Library staff,
- accessing material of an explicitly sexual nature
- use of the Internet for unlawful purposes
- use of chatrooms or instant messaging
- downloading information to storage devise except those purchased from the Library. (No disc, CD's or flash drives)
- saving documents to Library computers.
Printing is available from all workstations. Printout cost is $.20 a page and must be paid at the circulation desk.
Computer users must abide by copyright, contract and other local, state and federal laws while using library equipment.
|The first adult card issued is free.|
Our patrons must provide positive ID with proof of current home address. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Drivers license
- Current utility bill
- Letter addressed to patron with current postmark
- Patron must also supply alternative name and phone number
Children's cards are issued if (anyone under age 16):
- Parent or legal guardian accompanies child and signs the application card
- Parent or guardian provides positive ID with current address (see above)
Lost or damaged cards:
- $2.00 replacement charge for lost or damaged card.
- Patron is responsible for all items checked out on their card
- If card is lost or stolen please notify the library immediately
Check out limits per card:
- Limit of 15 items per card
- Limit of 3 videos per card